ANUKRET DATED FEBRUARY 3, 1998
ON THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE INTER-MINISTERIAL COMMITTEE
COORDINATING INSPECTION OF QUALITY AND SAFETY OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
No. 05 GnRk-bk
The Royal Government
- Having seen the Constitution of the Kingdom of Cambodia
- Having seen the Kret dated 24 September 1993 on the nomination of the First Prime minister and Second Prime minister
- Having seen the Kret dated 01 December 1993 on the establishment of the Royal of Cambodia.
- Having seen the Kret No. 2/94 on the organization and the responsibilities of the Council of Minister, dated July 20 1994.
- Having seen the Kret No. 1094/93 dated October 24 1994 on the amendment of the organization of the Royal Government of Cambodia (the Cabinet Reorganization)
- Having seen the Kret No. 0897/147 dated August 07 1997 on the amendment of the organization of the RGC.
- Having seen the Kret 0196/16 dated January 24 1996 on the establishment of the Ministry of Commerce.
On the request of the Minister of Commerce
As agreed by the Council of Minister meeting dated 28 November 1997.
Article 1 :
Established the interministerial committee for coordinating all activities of official inspection that related to the field (domain) of quality and safety of products and services in order to protect consumers and loyalty to the business.
Article 2 : The components of the committee include :
- The Minister of Commerce is the President
- The Minister of Industry Mine and Energy is the vice president
- The Director of department of Trade Finances Bank of the cabinet of the Council of Minister is the member
- Representative of the Ministry of Agriculture Forestry and Fisheries is the member.
- Representative of the Ministry of Health is the member
- Representative of the Ministry of Environment is the member
- Representative of the Ministry of Economy & Finance is the member
- Representative of the Ministry of Interior is the member
If it is necessary, representative from others ministries should be invited to participate in the task of the committee (for) the affairs related to the competence of the ministries.
The president has the right to invite also experts (officials) of the field (domain) related to participate.
Article 3 :
The committee shall have a permanent secretariat led by one secretary and four under-secretaries to be assistants for a period of 2 years that can be renewable. The 5 officials shall be designated by institutional members of the committee. The permanent secretariat is located at the Cambodia Import Export Inspection and Fraud Repression Division (CAMCONTROL) of the Ministry of Commerce and has duty to facilitate all affairs of the Committee.
Article 4 :
The committee has duty of preparing to submit to the minister of ministries' members to examine :
- The draft enhancing the division of tasks between ministries in fields defined (specified) above and coordinating activities of different departments and inspection institutions.
- Propose of national policy on quality and safety of products and services protecting consumers and loyalty to business.
- Within the two joined duties as specified above, the committee has the clear jobs as follow :
- Regularly accept on the (determined) time the report on activities of institutions and each relevant department and give advice to improve the national system of inspection affairs.
- Accept projects which institutions and departments prepared for their own field (domain)and raise proposals for the implementing principle agreed or for the coordination of those activities.
- Propose and coordinate inspection operation, especially the (topics) issues that have been declared to be a priority and related to institutions or relevant departments.
- Prepare the program of taking samples that are favorable to organizing the process of laboratories and tests.
- To be in charge of initiating to create and of processing the informative system about the warning in case of serious dangers to health and safety of consumers.
- Propose resolutions to be arbitrated in the event of contention between the ministries.
- Every year, prepare a report about their activities highlighting (emphasizing) previously the balance of activity in the past and project for next year and all interesting proposals.
- Consulted all proposed draft for text to arrange correctly according to circumstance or complete the existing regulations.
- Can consult socio-economic partners, especially organisations, service of vocation, associations, representative of consumer and women representative.
- To be a correspondent at the Kingdom of Cambodia for the committee Codex Alimentarius, generally leading by Food Organisation and Agriculture of the United Nation and world Health Organisation (FAO/WHO), for the International Standard Organisations which their activities directly related with jobs of the Committee.
The Committee is responsible for other duties given by the Royal Government.
Article 5 :
The Committee can organize a permanent Task Force (team) or temporary divers to be in charge of studying specific cases.
The President of the Committee can ask ministries related to the jobs of the Task Force for nominating experts of ministries to participate in these jobs.
Experts specified in the last paragraph of article 2 of this Anukret can participate to be members of the Task Force.
Task Force shall write a report of their job to submit to the Committee and only the Committee may make a decision.
Article 6 :
With in the limit of one's duties the Committee can debate topics requested by the government, by the relevant ministers, by the president or member of the Committee.
The President sets an agenda by giving priority to the proposals of the government.
Article 7 :
Procedures (codes of conduct) of the Committee determined (defined) by internal regulation.
Article 8 :
Regulations that are contrary to this Anukret shall hereby be regarded as repealed.
Article 9 :
The Minister of Commerce and Ministers of relevant ministries are responsible for implementing effectively this Anukret according to their duties.
Article 10 :
This Anukret shall come into effect as of the date of its signing.
Phnom Penh, 03 February 1998-01-27
First Prime Minister
Second Prime Minister
Minister of Commerce